I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Decanter Box

Hiya!

So I'm always looking for a fun treat/handout idea to make for my mom, sister and niece and I to give to the ladies we visit each month. Well, a couple weeks back I found a fun box idea created by Linda Parker of Papercraft with Crafty. The way the top end of the box folds in to create a faux lid reminded me of the Treat Box I created years ago for Cricut Design Studio. (The opening of the box is actually on the bottom.)
 Linda calls this her Decanter Box. In her video she shows how she created this box using an envelope punch board.
I have an envelope punch board, but decided to make a Silhouette cutting file since I needed to make 12 of these little beauties. Plus, that way I could also make the decorative paper layers to go over the cardstock in the same file. 
 I found some fun chocolate eggs at my  local Winco grocery store. I and was able to bag them in some plastic bags which I used my bag sealing machine to make custom sized to fit nine chocolate eggs, That way I didn't need to use acetate to cover all of the windows. (Have you priced acetate lately? Holy shmoly! It's gone up in price in the past year.)

Anyway, Thanks Linda for sharing your design!
That's it for today! Thanks for visiting.
Toodles..........


Tools:
Cardstock: Recollections (Michael's)
Decorative Paper: Sweet Shoppe (DCWV)
Hardware & Software: Silhouette Design Studio Software, Silhouette Cameo
Misc: Twine, Scotch Quick Dry Glue, plastic bags, chocolate eggs, Scotch tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!