I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas!

Hiya!
I just wanted to jump on here really quick and wish all of my crafty friends a very Merry Christmas. No matter where you are, or what your belief, I hope you are all blessed with all with all the wishes of your heart! ❤️💛💜💚💙

Here are a couple pictures of the Christmas cards I made and sent to my family this year. I was in a bit of a hurry so the pictures aren't very good. 

As you can see from the second picture the blue cardstock is a nice navy blue with a bit of a shimmer to give it some brightness. Also, the window for this shaker card goes all the way through the front of the card so you can see the silver-foiled "Joy" peeking through. ☺️. I'm so happy with how it turned out.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! And that we all have a marvelous 2016!! I'm not one of those people that says, "oh I'm so glad to see this year be over." But I did have some crazy and sad happenings and challenges this year. 2015 will be the year I said good bye to my sweet daddy who passed away in February, my husband was introduced to Spinocerabella Ataxia, my son was introduced to Retinitis Pigmentosa and Usher I, and I found out I was strong enough to support and love those in my life going through hard things, which in and of itself can also be a hard thing. It came down to two choices: (1) fall apart and be useless to nobody; or (2) pull up my big girl panties and do what needed to be done. And guess what? The first couple times it was hard. I wanted to just cry and feel bad, but I couldn't. I had a family that needed me. And honestly, crying only helps for a minute and then you just start to feel miserable. And who wants to feel miserable 24/7/365? Not me! So instead, 2015 will be the year that taught me that I can really do hard things. And thank heavens for that, cuz I have a feeling I have some more challenges coming my way. 

Well,.... Thanks for stopping by for a quick visit. Merry, Merry!! 
Toddles.......

Tools:
Paper: Midnight Shimmer (PaperTreyInk), White (Georgia Pacific), clear cardstock (Recollections... Sadly they no longer carry it which is just sad cuz it's perfect for shakers!)
Die and Cutter: Nesting Stars (Spellbinders), Cuttlebug (ProvoCraft)
Sequins/Shaker filler: Tiny Silver Stars (One Stop Spakle Shop -Etsy), blue (JoAnns), Diamond Dust (perfect for adding a little weight inside the shaker with out adding bulk or color)
Stamp and Ink: Bitty Places - Nativity (PaperTreyInk), Soft Stone Ink (PaperTreyInk). You can almost see the stamped image inside the bottom of the card on the side-view picture. Soft Stone ink ended up being more brown than grey so I stamped the envelopes instead of the cards, which is why I'm not showcasing it. Hopefully I'll find the perfect color ink to match a future card. I love it.)
Misc.:  Silver ribbon (Kirkland), Silver foil (Thermoweb), craft foam sheets, Fabri-Fix glue (Beacon), ATG tape
Other equipment: iStory laminator (Thanks Wendy!!!! I finally found a use for it. 😘) inkjet printer (Canon), laser printer (Brother), Tonc paper cutter, and my computer.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!