I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Monday, October 12, 2015

Witch's hats and Brooms treats

Hiya!
Have you decorated for Halloween yet? My son is at the age where he is all about making sure our house is decorated inside and out for all important holidays. (I.e: Halloween and Christmas) I have to admit that it put me in the mood to make some fun treats for my friends.


The Witch's Broom idea came about because I needed to do something with some candy sticks I purchased and had not used yet. I ended up using the Mini 3D Witch's Broom file from Snapdragon Snippets. I sized it down a wee bit since the candy stick was not as long as the design's broomstick. 
I wrapped the two different layers of broom around the candy stick using some strong double-sided tape, then tied some fun orange and black bakers twine to finish it off.


(Here's a pic of the broom using the original size file.)

As cute as the broom was it was missing something. Thus, the Witch Hat. The idea came from a Chick'n Scratch video I saw. She used a pine tree and a couple circle punches to make her hats. I created a single shape in Silhouette Design Studio. She also used a bow paper punch to accessorize her hat. I created a bow in Silhouette with only two pieces that gave me a nearly identical result. She used black glitter paper for her hats. I used regular black cardstock which I then added shimmer to using a gel pen. She used glue dots to adhere. I used white quick drying adhesive. (Tomato-Tomato, right?)

Love fun projects like this that come together so easily but give a big bang for the buck.
Thanks again for visiting. Hope you have a wonderful day!
Toddles.......

Tools:
Paper: Halloween (K&Co)
Cardstock: black, kraft, brown (Recollections
Adhesive: Quick Dry (Scotch), double-sided tape (Scor-Tape)
Other: Stardust gel pen (Sakura), mini clothes pins (Walmart), bakers twine (Target)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!