I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Wedding gift: Beautiful album

Hiya!

I finished, and gifted, another album last week. This one was a wedding gift. I purchased the majority of the papers a couple years ago at Michael's along with the ribbons and trims that I used on the album. They weren't at the front of the store in "dollar" area of the store but they were not in the Scrapbooking area either. As it turned out, I bought the papers because they were pretty.  Flash forward a couple years and my friend's daughter chose coral and mint, black and grey as the colors for her wedding, which are the main colors for these papers. 


I glued the decorative rose paper to a piece of cardstock for strength. I used a craft knife to cut along the top of the rose petals and then adhered it to the cover of the album. The tags were made using some of the supplemental papers: 
I used a Tim Holtz hitch and some kraftex for the closure. The black and white rick-rack was in one of the complimentary ribbon packs that matched the paper.


As you can probably see, this album is pretty much designed the way the last few albums I've made were, with a few added flaps to give it some variety.


Because there were only twelve 8x8 papers in the two different packs (one solids, one a mix of slides and prints) I needed to supplement with a few papers from my stash. I will try to point them out where I used them.  These tags show three of the supplemental papers.


The "These are the Moments" tag/card came from
The crocheted lace, pompom fringe and coral-white cording came from the complimentary ribbon pack. 


The mint paper on the pocket is one of the supplemental papers, as is the black with polka dots on the inside of the flap on the facing page.


The magnetic flap flips to the left to reveal a pocket holding a tag.



The floral paper and the black and white houndstooth patterned paper are supplementary papers.


The floral, green houndstooth, and blue papers are supplemental papers.



The second complimentary ribbon pack held black and grey colored items, which is where these fun pompom fringe and black-white cording came from.


This brown damask print and black and white papers were some of the complimentary papers.









I created a flip out pocket using a cut apart from one of the supplemental papers. 




The small word-art tag was also one of the cut a parts from supplemental papers.



And there it is!  It really turned out lovely. Hopefully the pictures have done it justice. 

Thanks for visiting. Hope you're enjoying your weekend!
Toddles..........

Tools:
Papers:  cardstock- black (Recollections); patterned papers- Songs of Spring collections (Michael's); supplemental papers- Journal-it (Teresa Collins), Break Time, DG Cards (Fancy Pants), Samantha Walker (Creative Imaginations), {note}worthy (Making Memories)
Ribbons: Songs of Spring collections (Michael's)
Adhesives: 1/4", 3/8", 1/2" Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal), 1/4" (ATG), white glue (Scotch), Fabri-Fix (Beacon)
Misc: hitch (Tim. Holtz; Kraftex; gems (Michael's); paper punch (EK Success); Crop-o-idle (WeRMemory keepers)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!