I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Patchwork Baby Girl & Family album

Hiya! 
I've been in a huge album-making kick lately. (can you tell?) every time I turn around a have a friend or relative having a baby or celebrating a wedding or some other life event. I don't know why. I just always think to give them an album as a gift. Maybe it's because I hope to retain the "old" tradition of when I was younger and pictures were printed out and put in albums, not snapped and only ever seen via camera phone or tablet screen, in email, or on Instagram. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I do all of those things too. But I know a number of people (me included) who have boat loads of pics that never EVER are seen by anyone because they're never printed or posted. 

My son loves to pull out the picture albums we have and actually look at them all, turn the pages, touch them. And he often wonders where the more recent pics are. Why they aren't in a book he can look through. Yeah.... Time for me to start practicing what I preach, huh? 


Well, anyway, here is my latest album. (Lots of pics!) The style is similar to several I've made in the past. I used the hidden hinge binding system from Kathy Orta (www.paperphenomenon.com).  I needed something I knew how to make quickly since I only had a few days to put it together. I had been invited to a baby shower for a brand new baby girl. She was born into a family of five boys! So I chose a colorful paper set that had flowers for girlie appeal but also not too pink and fluffy so that the pages could be used for the boys as well. I also kept the pages nice and simple with plenty of space for standard 4x6 pictures and journaling. Also lots of pockets so mementos can be added. Starting with a pocket on the cover holding a bi-fold pull-out.


The book is quite wide when opened due to the wrap-around cover. I tried to use every space possible. 

The page inside the front cover has a pocket which holds two tags and a bi-fold pull-out. I created all the tag pulls using my Silhouette.

The pages set up is identical going forward. There is a flap that lifts up with a decorative edge....

....and a side pocket with a pull out tag. 

I also added a small golden yellow gem to the center of each flip up to call attention to that edge just in case there was a possibility it could go unnoticed. 

I cut the half-circle into the base phase by using a Spellbinders die and then used a circle punch to cut the patterned paper for the page.












And we've reached the back... I created pockets all across the back panels.

And tags for each, including two bi-folds for the larger pockets. 

A quick pick showing the spine.

And I was so happy to find this darling flower button in my stash.

Well, that's all I have for today. Thanks again for visiting. Hope you have a beautiful day!
Toodles........

Tools:
Paper: patterned- Beach Party (Colorbök); card stock- Kraft (Recollections)
Cutting tools: dies - Circle dies (Spellbinders); punches - edge (EKSuccess); corner chomper (WeRMemory); Silhouette and Design Studio, Cuttlebug 
Adhesive: tape- 1/2" (Scor-Tape); 1/4" ATG; glue (Scotch Quick Dry)
Misc: button (Bag-o-Buttons); ribbon (Michael's); gem (JoAnn's); twine (PaperTreyInk); 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!