I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, July 24, 2015

Christmas in July.... almost over

Hiya!
How has your July been?  Mine has been quite busy. My son is not back in school and I'm quickly finishing up my Christmas in July projects. That's not to say that all of my Christmas projects are done, but that one major project that my sister and I work on each July is nearly complete.


 Every year my sister and I make approximately 100 ornaments that we give as gifts to our family members and some close friends. We used to make them during Fall Break from school, or whenever we could find a week to get together. (We live in different states.) But with our children growing up and our school districts not following the same schedule, it's gotten to the point that we need to make the ornaments during Summer Break. Her kids' school year ends mid to late June while mine ends at the end of May or first week of June which pushes our Christmas ornament making time into July.


 For a number of years we have been giving ornaments based on the holiday song "The Twelve Days of Christmas." It's truly been a blessing to have so many verses to one song. It has given us twelve years of themed ornaments where we didn't really have to think about what we were going to do.  This year we are handing out Eleven Piper. Since it's still a surprise for those receiving the ornaments in December I will not be posting pictures of those ornaments today. Instead I'm showing you some that we've done in years past.
I've also created ornaments for newlywed couples based on the location they were married. I usually do this when their marriage takes place in December and give it as part of their gift.

Patience Brewster Dashing Santa found here
Next year we will be on our last verse of 12 Days of Christmas so I have started to search the web for fun ideas for future ornament themes. Here are some fun ideas I have found:

Jingle Bell Girl and Jingle Bell Boy ornaments by Patience Brewster

I'm working on a way to add "appendages" to glass ornaments for a future creation. Fun, right??!!
.
Myrtle the Elephant by Patience Brewster

 I also have started collecting Nativities. Myrtle the Elephant caught my eye immediately! I've seen camels with nativities before but not elephants. And I do love elephants! If you’ve been inspired by these ornaments like I have, you should check out this artist’s collection of handmade ornaments to see what else might inspire you!

Have you been doing any Christmas creating in July? Any fun ornament ideas that you want to share? or any other Christmas/Holiday ideas that you craft ahead of time so you're ready to go when the festivities arrive? I'd love to hear all about it.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! Have a fantastic day.
Toodles........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!