I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Teachers .... Touch the future

Hiya!
Last week my son had his last day of school. And as a Room Mom for his class I was responsible for an End-of-the-Year activity. I kept things Super simple. I found some really cute ideas around the web (30HandmadeDays, SuburbanMom, BusyKidsHappyMom, KateAndMacey, etc...)

I took their ideas and created my pages. I wasn't sure how many of the kids would take the time to add artwork as well as write, so I pre-punched the holes for binding to let them know their limitations. 

I made sure to have a spot for each of the kids to sign their name and then later was happy I double checked each page before completing the book. Nearly every child forgot his/her name. I guess they were excited to have the work done so they could get to the food and fun! Ha!

I created the apple using my Silhouette. The stars were cut using dies and I hand cut their shadow layers. The bus was handout from the patterned paper.

I also took me the time before the party to decorate the chipboard cover pieces. Let me tell you, as with any party early prep was a big lifesaver! I set out the buffet of snacks while they were writing their letters. And while they were eating I collected the papers (in no particular order), lined up the holes, added the covers and o-wires and crimped. Done! Easy peasy!

The kids had a nice time partying. And the teacher received a nice gift from her students. Win-Win!  That's it for today. Thanks for visiting.
Toddles.......

Tools:
Paper: solid card stock and patterned card stock (Recollections)
Ribbons: from my stash
Tools: Silhouette and Silhouette Design Studio, Cuttlebug, Star dies (Spellbinders), scallop die (PaperTreyInk); Bind-It-All and O-wires
Etc:  button (The Paper Studio);  punch (Stampin' Up!); paper clip; ink (Ranger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!