I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Parade Ribbons

Hiya!
Happy Independence Day for those of you in the USA! I live in a little suburb and we don't have a city sponsored 4th of July parade, but a friend of mine gathers all the neighbors together and we encourage the kids to decorate their bikes, scooters, skateboards, ATVs, golf carts.....and we have our own little parade down the main street that runs through the housing development. The kids have a great time. The parents cheer. It's all good! And with all of the American flags out lining the drive it's very festive!
 I offered to make some ribbons to give out to the kids. And then I got sick. And I forgot. So on Monday I knew I had to get a move on so that I didn't disappoint.
 I kept the design simple but changed up the color patterns a bit so each one is completely unique.
 I used some of the new WaltzingMouse USA 1776 stamps to add details to a few.
 And on others I kept them plain and used a small star punch to add extra detail.
I kept the bling to a minimum since some of the recipients would be boys. But I had to add a little sparkle. So I just applied dots of glitter using my Stickles.

Easy peasy. Kids loved them. Minimal expense... just five pieces of card stock, some glue, ink and glitter. All adding up to a big impact.

Hope you're having a fabulous day! Thanks for visiting.
Toodles..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!