I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Always In Site

Hiya!
The theme for a Young Women activity at church this last week was "Always In Our Sight." The young lady I worked with to come up with an invite for the event said she wanted binoculars. So... that's what I came up with.
Sixty of them. I was very happy to have some help getting the majority of the cards put together. I cut out all the little pieces and organized them so that we were able to get most of it done in a little over an hour. :)
Then I brought them home and added their "lenses," which contained all the important details. For some reason I wasn't able to get a good picture of the lenses. I think it may be because of the thick layer of glaze that I put over the printed, cut-out ovals to make them look more glass-like. Anyway, as you can see while the cards were closed they were nice and flat, but when opened the glazed card stock lenses stood nice and vertical at the end of the open binocular card. 

After our Tangled themed extravaganza just a couple months ago, we decided to go a wee bit more mellow this time around. Unfortunately, I got to the church as everyone was sitting down so I wasn't able to get as many pictures as I wanted. If you look closely, you will see that the binoculars were also used in the decor at the front table.... little binoculars stood at the base of the Value cards I created for the display.

For treats we had some yummy vanilla or chocolate cupcakes. Simple yet elegant.
And, with Valentines coming up I was thinking the binoculars would be a fun card with a treat with the saying "I've got my eye on you" or something similar. (Nothing too stalky of course)

Well, hope you're having a terrific day!
Thanks for visiting.
Toodles......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!