I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Monday, January 14, 2013

Not a dud...

Hiya!
I have a quick post this morning for you. And before you say anything, Yes! I know the picture is terrible. Sorry. I needed to deliver this little treat to my friend and the only camera I had handy was my cell phone. :(
Apologies out of the way, I thought this was fun. I was at the store trying to figure out something fun and this just popped into my head. So I ran with it.

I grabbed a piece of blue cardstock and used the box to figure out where the scorelines should go. I cut off the excess bits and folded along the scorelines. Perfect fit! I used our 3-in-1 copy-print-scan machine to make a copy of the box of candy. Then used a Xacto knife to cut out the area where I wanted the window. Trimmed to the size of the panel of the box and used repositionable glue to adhere it face down on the inside of the sleeve. Used the Xacto knife again to cut the window.Voila!

Used a bit of fast drying glue to put the sleeve together. Tied some ribbon around it and then hand wrote a tag and tied it on with some coordinating bakers twine. Easy peasy!  (My scribble says, "I hope your day is not a..." )

I had meant to run the cover through my cuttlebug with an embossing folder but was so excited to see how it fit that it wasn't until I had it glued in place that I realized I forgot to emboss it. So I grabbed my glitter pen and doodled on the cardstock instead.

That's it. I think this took me about 15 minutes from start to finish, not including the shopping excursion.
And when I dropped it off to her last night, I think she was pleasantly surprised that I had taken the time to visit. Sometimes that's really what matters. Our time is so valuable to us. Sometimes it's not the money that we spend that shows someone how much we care but the time we take to sit and talk, share, laugh, cry, ...  I'm guilty of it. I often would rather donate money instead of time. I'm trying to do better. And sometimes showing up unannounced with a little treat in hand is a good way to break the ice.

Off to start my Monday morning chores. Thanks again for visiting. Have a wonderful week!
Toodles.......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!