I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, December 21, 2012

Stand Ye In Holy Places ornaments

Hiya...
So many people give treats during the holidays that I'm usually all sugared out by the end of the first week of December. Plus, with never knowing if I'll come across someone on a diet or with an allergy, I started giving something other than food as a gift during this festive time of year. I made these ornaments yesterday while my son was enjoying his last day of school before winter break. 
 These are for the ladies that I serve with at church in the young women's organization. The picture of the building is the Gilbert Temple.
On the back I've written the theme for the 2013 year, "Stand ye in holy places."
Then, I packaged it all up in a cellophane bag with a handful of mints.
My son and I delivered these little beauties last night while daddy was still at work. And today I hung mine (yes I made one for myself too) on my tree.... Love it.
Ornaments make a great gift! Even my friends that have theme trees.... you know the ones. The bulbs are all the same color. Or the whole tree is done in red, or white, or bronze, or only wooden ornaments... etc etc etc.There are a million different themes out there. None are the same. .... but I digress. Even those that have theme trees don't care that my handmade ornaments break with their theme. I've come to visit them year after year and they proudly show me that they've cared for the ornaments I've given them. I just mention it because sometimes people want to do something different but they're not sure what to do. And I'm not saying you have to make an ornament. You can buy them. Have you visited a craft store lately? They have TONS of really cool ornaments  to choose from. Food for thought...

Well, that's it for me today. Hope you're enjoying your last big weekend before Christmas!
Thanks for visiting.
Toodles........

2 comments:

  1. I love this. This ornament is exactly what I was picturing for us to do for our Relief Society sisters for Christmas. Is this your own design of the Temple, or did you get the picture from someplace else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Susan. Yes, I hand painted several of these ornaments and gifted them for Christmas. The one above is the Gilbert temple but I have family in San Diego so I hand painted a San Doego temple for them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!