I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Thursday, December 20, 2012

25 Days of Christmas

Hiya!
Can you believe Christmas is just 5 days away?  Crazy! Seems like it was just Halloween... Before you know it we'll be training our brains to use 2013 when we write the date. Wow. 


I wanted to make an advent calendar this year. I found THIS wonderful kit using wooden pieces but it was sold out before I was able to purchase one. I decided I would create one using card stock.

<<  First I created the base layers that would become the tags. One tag has a story of Christ's life on it. The other will have the icon on it that relates to the story.
>>  Then I created the icons that would be on the tags for each day of the advent calendar.

<<  Each tag needed a day.... I printed the numbers and punched them with a 1" hole punch. Then added a black zig-zag edged circle layer, a red layer which was created with a Spellbinders die and 2" circles from green.

>>I cut wide holes at the top of each tag, threaded them with the red-and-white stripe ribbon, tied it with twine, glued on the number. Called it done.


It's not yet Christmas day but here's a sneak-peek of the advent calendar as it will appear on December 25th.....
Want a closer look??
Big project! It took me several weeks to complete. I had to put it aside more than a few times to take care of some other projects. I LOVE how it turned out! Definitely something that I will look forward to hanging up each December 1st for years to come.

Thank you for visiting. Hope you and your family are having a blessed December.
Toodles.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!