I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Happy Little Treat

Hiya!
Remember the cake balls I showcased in my previous post? Well, I decided that they would be perfect for a little treat for a friend of mine.
I started by cutting a piece of 8 1/2" x11" black card in half lengthwise. I knew I needed about 2" of space for the delectable morsels to sit in the middle without getting smushed so I scored at 4 1/2" and 6 1/2". Then measured 1" from the top corners going across and down to create the "tab" look.
I bagged a few of the yummies up in a cellophane treat bag that I got at the craft store and adhered it with a bit of ATG tape. I just folded the excess portion of the bag down and closed the little wrap around "bag"at the top with a bit more ATG tape.
I decorated the front with some scraps: Yellow card embossed with a star patterned embossing folder, a piece of white card with blue and red lines drawn on using some Bic Mark Its and then punch with an SU! punch,  a scrap or two f dotted paper combining all the colors to tie it all together, and a yellow paper clip with a scrap of SU! ribbon for added detail. "A happy hello" was a little stamp I have in my stash. Can't remember who made it but if I figure it out I'll come back and edit the post. I stamped it at the top so that I could add a handwritten message too.
[Edit: Stamp set is Mini Messages by Hero Arts]

Easy peasy!  I love little gifts like this. They take next-to-no-time to put together and look like a million bucks! (Ok, maybe not quite a million but you know what I mean.)

Hope you have a terrific day! Thank you for taking a few minutes out of your day to visit.
Toodles.......

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!