I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Monday, August 13, 2012

Giving Cake Balls a Try

Hiya!
I tried a new recipe today. Cake balls. Have you seen them? Made them? You can find all kinds of recipes and advice online for how to make them. Once again, let me put a plug in for Pinterest. If you haven't been there you may want to give it a try. If you need an invite send me a request.

As far as the {look} of the finished product goes they're kind of a fail. They aren't perfectly round or completely smooth and shiny.
The picture above makes them look even worse. I have been keeping them in the fridge so that they don't melt. I live in the desert and it's summer. We can cook eggs on our sidewalks. Sadly, that means when I pulled these scrumptious little nuggets out  of the ice box to take a picture it didn't take long for condensation to appear on the surface of the chocolate coating. Oh well. This is real life.

But, in the {taste} department? Holy guacamole! They are moist and delicious. I used a chocolate cake mix for the cake but I made my own chocolate-cream cheese frosting. Then I dipped them in melted dark chocolate chips instead of candy melts for the coating.

Death by chocolate?  Yup! But they are small so they are the perfect little chocolate fix when I need it.
Will I make them again?  Oh yes!

Have a terrific weekend! Try a new recipe. Do something you've not done before. Who knows? Maybe you'll discover something you really like.
Toodles.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!