I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, July 27, 2012

A Little Note

Hiya!
I'm kind of an office supply geek. Yes, it's true. I could wander through the aisles of an office supply store for hours. And I've been know to get side-tracked by the items in the section at the local Biggy Mart. So, with all the school supplies being featured front-and-center in stores these days you can be sure I'm dreaming up all kinds of ways I can justify having one of everything for my very own. That being said, I created today's little gifty for my friends because honestly, I can never find something to write on when I need to jot a little reminder to myself. Who knows? Maybe they face the same dilemma.
Basically I grabbed a few supplies... I happened to have these 3x3 Post-It notes in my stash along with some cute DCWV paper that coordinated with their colors. {Thinking of conversation I could be having with my hubby... See sweetheart, I did need those fun color sticky notes. Yes I bought them three years ago without knowing what I would use them for but as they say, "Good things come to those who [purchase and] wait." Ha!}
I cut some green cardstock to 3 1/8" x 11".  Scored it to wrap around the sticky pad. Trimmed away the excess to leave a tab at one end. Folded along the score lines. Rounded the corners on the tab.
Cut my patterned paper down to 3x3 squares to add to the front and the back. Knotted some fun green ribbon for detail and for the tab to tuck under.
Voila! Three gifts in less than an hour's time. And I was able to use items I already had. Love that!

Hope you're all having a great day! Thanks for visiting.
Toodles.......

3 comments:

  1. Hi, my sweet Jen!!! Glad to see you still being creative and crafty!!! Love these note pads -- so pretty! I'm sure everyone you distribute them to will so appreciate them!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great gift! This would make a great Christmas gift for teachers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so easy! What great gifts they'd make (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!