I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Monday, June 4, 2012

Wilderness Wedding

Hiya!
I've been working on some more wedding cards. ('Tis the season!) A young man we know is getting married in a few weeks at The Gazebo in Green Mountain Lakes, Colorado.

They made such a point about where they were getting married, including a picture of the gazebo in their announcement that I figured the place might hold special meaning to them, beyond their upcoming nuptials. So, I created a card for them including it also.











A pocket is located inside to hold a gift card. He's a bit of a DIYer so I'm sure it will come in handy.

I had to take a bit of artistic license with the placement of the trees.  There aren't any on the little island in the middle of the lake where the gazebo is located, but without the trees you may not understand that the gazebo is found at a beautiful lake-park surrounded by the rocky mountains of Colorado.
I added a touch of shimmer just to give the feel of it being a bit more "special."


We won't be able to travel to Colorado to witness their wedding day but we hope they have years of joy and blessings together.
Thanks for visiting! Have a great day.
Toodles........

FYI....
Cardstock: white (Georgia Pacific), Kraft cardstock (Recollections)
Patterned paper (scrap)
Colored using chalks (Stampin Up!)
Shimmer added with Stardust Gel Pen (Sakura)

2 comments:

  1. OMGoodness, Jen! Is this the coolest, most creative & unique wedding card, or what?! Love your rendition of the wedding site, and I'm sure the newlyweds did too. It's kind of like a painting, except created with layers of paper! What a wonderful keepsake this will be for the couple, they will most certainly cherish this for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my my, this wedding card could not be any more perfect for the wedded couple. It is so definitely created for them and I know they will cherish this forever.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!