I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fun with Noodles

Hiya!
Last week my son and I worked on another fun project.
We found the idea in FamilyFun Magazine's May2012 edition: using some basic supplies turn pool noodles into some fun outdoor toys. We found ours at the dollar store for $1 each.

The magazine recommended using the cardboard tube from inside paper towels but I didn't have any. So instead I cut down an old cracker box.
I think the hardest thing about the project was getting the chipboard curled around into a small tube, but even that wasn't too difficult. Then you insert the rolled up tube half-way into one end of a pool noodle.
Next, bring the other end of the pool noodle around and push it onto the other end of the chipboard tube.
To keep it secure, add a strip of duct tape.
Now you're ready to play!
One of the fun ideas the magazine gave was to tape several noodle hoops together with a couple straight ones to create a target. It's not very tall but it worked well for my son who is 4 feet tall.
And since the noodles were created to be in water and duct tape isn't effected by water, it's no big deal when the sprinklers come on. In fact, it adds to the fun!
Hope you're having a great day! Thanks for visiting.
Toodles......

3 comments:

  1. Fun! What a great idea. I bet he had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like great fun! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!