I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, June 22, 2012

For the Happy Couple

Hiya!
Happy Friday to you all! I have another wedding card today. We (hubby and I) seem to have a wedding almost every weekend these days. As I was finishing up the card I'm sharing with you today hubby brought the mail in. And wouldn't you know it.... Another wedding announcement! So, I will be sharing yet another card next week too.
I think this one is my favorite so far (of my recent cards, that is). 
Once again, I went to the couple's registry info for color inspiration: Light blue, taupe and cream. The DCWV: Luxury Stack paper was the jumping off point. Everything else was selected to compliment it.
And yes, it's another gift-disguised-as-a-card. This wedding happens to be local but that's only because the bride's parents live near us. The couple live about 450 miles from here. So to help make it easy for them to relocate their gifts, we kept ours small in size.
I wanted to add a touch of shimmer so spraying it with a mist wouldn't work. Instead, I added in specific areas of the PTI: Damask Designs stamped image using a Sakura: Stardust gel pen. I drew the gel on and then smudged it with my finger to spread it around. To get the muted color of the stamped image I first stamped it with SU:Crumb Cake and then went right over the top with the same stamped image using PTI: Fresh Snow.

A few finishing details... I little punched detail from a Martha border punch, a fluffy ribbon tied around the middle and the sentiment, from PTI: Sweet Love, was placed on a layered, hand-cut tag which was tied near the bow with some jute.

Thanks for visiting. Hope you're enjoying your summer.
Toodles......

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card you have created.....very elegant.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!