I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Monday, April 2, 2012

Here comes Peter Cottontail

Hiya!
I ask you.... How cute is this face?

And check out the fluffy tail!
(ooops... slightly off-center. I'll have to fix that.)

I found this darling idea on Pinterest. Followed the link to a free pattern from Lion Brand yarn.

I'm not a Super Crocheter but this really was a fairly easy to create. In fact, I was seriously debating whether to finish the rabbit or to possibly alter the original goal. Do you see it? No?  Need a hint?  I have this niece that is completely enamored with a little white kitten? Wouldn't this be adorable as a Hello Kitty basket? I'll have to put that on my to-do list for sure. :)
I was truly concerned that I wouldn't be able to accomplish the rabbit because so many of the crocheters that attempted to make the basket said they pulled it all apart because the rabbit ears flopped. One crocheter even said that the basket was inverted. (Really?) I know my skills aren't great but if I can do this, anyone can do this.
That being said, even with floppy ears, the basket is still adorable. Don't you think?
OK... time to run. Just wanted to share. Special thanks to my son who encouraged me to have some Easter decorations. As you can see from the pictures, I don't even have any of those crazy cheap plastic eggs in my house. I guess I better hit the dollar store and stock up on some.

Oh, and for those that may be interested, I did NOT use the Vanna yarn that was recommended. I used what I had on hand: Red Heart Super Saver worsted, 4 ply.

Have a wonderful day! Thanks for visiting.
Toodles......

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!