I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

LOVE-ly album

Hiya!
I'm headed to a wedding tomorrow and I needed a gift. Well, need is sort of an over-statement. Hubby already bought gift cards. So I guess you could say I wanted to add a little something else to the gift.
I used their bridal registry for clues on the colors they might like. (Sneaky, huh?)
And I used some of Kathy's very crafty, creative, helpful ideas on making a quick album with a "soft" or flexible spine.
Everything I used to make the album I already had in my stash. Specifically, I had a DCWV "wedding" themed mat stack that I wanted to used. Because of this, I made the album 6 5/8"x 4 5/8", which minimized the measuring and cutting of papers for each page, thus, less waste! Love that!

Each page has a pocket on the left with a pull-out, folded tag which can hold four pictures. On the right is a flap that can hold a picture as well as a pull-out mat that can hold two more pictures.
Then you fold the flap out to the right and you find two more mats to put pictures and a small pocket that can house another pull-out mat for pictures.   There are six of the sets of pages total. No lack for space to put pictures, most of which are 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" areas.
There you have it. A great project to test my skills on. I started this project on Tuesday. Put in a couple hours over three days. Final touches are the ribbon and monogram emblem on the cover. I hope the happy couple can put it to good use.
Thanks Kathy for inspiring me!! You rock, sistah!
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Toodles.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!