I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Forget-Me-Nots

Hiya!
Hope you are well this beautiful day. February? Already? Wow! Before you know it, it will be summer time.
Today I just wanted to share a quick technique. Nothing new but just a "before-and-after" to get you thinking....
 We're doing this little activity with the girls at church. So many of them have mentioned that they feel alone. Not liked. Not connected. So, we decided to put them together in little group that we've called the Forget-Me-Nots. Basically, you're not forgotten. And in turn, don't forget about your friends. Anyway, I originally decided to just cut the flowers out to look like a blue, 5-petal forgetmenot flower with a yellow center. The groups each have five people in them so a forgetmenot flower was perfect for this.
 But, as I looked at the flowers I realized they seemed bland. Boring. Sad. They needed a little something to make them special. I grabbed a couple of my embossing folders and ran the pieces through my cuttlebug. The leaves I did differently. I used my Scor-Pal to add veins like a leaf. When I was done and put the pieces back together I was much happier. Embossing adds so much pizzazz to solid color cardstock.
That's it. Just something to think about next time you're creating a project and it looks like there's something missing. Try adding some texture by embossing your cardstock. It really can add that something special to your creations.
Make it a great day!
Toodles.......

1 comment:

  1. This is such a lovely idea.....a great to remind everyone that there is always someone thinking of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!