I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, January 20, 2012

The Secretary

Hiya!
I'm so glad you came to visit. I have something wonderful to share with you today.
Hmmm... ok, maybe it just looks like a box.
But it's not! This box is an organizing wonder!  Ready to see what I'm talking about?

Ta-da! Fabulous, right?!
Here is a picture of the side ...

A couple weeks ago, I sat in on one of Kathy's online Ustream classes to see what this little gem was all about. I watched as she made her demo box and decided I needed to make one also. I ordered my chipboard online HERE and purchased the tutorial HERE and I was able to make this little beauty from start-to-finish even with family in town visiting. YES! This is all chipboard and paper and glue. This is not an altered box!  Isn't that great?!

In fact, my cute little niece Emma helped me pick out the papers (blue and pink to match her bedroom) and happily filled it with her Hello Kitty treasures. According to her mom she is an organizationally minded kid. When she asked if I could make one for her I decided she needed to have this one. (I know... Best Auntie EVER!)

If you're ever in the need to get your craft on and you really want to make something special, you should give Kathy's tutorials a chance. Her instructions have LOTS of pictures and of course you can always go over to her Ustream site and find the video(s) where she walks you through the process step-by-step.

That's it for me today. Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Hope you are having a wonderful Friday. Enjoy the weekend!
Toodles........

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic creation.... something everyone can use for anything... I love all those little slots and the ...well the whole design is wonderful.
    Love it.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,
    Happy New Year !!This is absolutely adorable. Very cute, for young and old.

    Hugs
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Carole. It was a lot of fun to make.
    And Happy New Year to you Bobbi. Aloha my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!