I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Monogram pendants

Hiya!
Now that Christmas is over I can safely post a couple of the gifts I made to give. The first one I have to share are some monogram pendants I made for my nieces.

I made these back in September, but didn't want to ruin the surprise. These are so simple to make. Once you learn how you to will be finding reasons to make them.

First step was to come up with the monogram. I opted for the easiest option for me: Computer and printer.
Basically, I used my photo editing software to create 1" squares and placed a white letter in the center of each.


Using glitter glue, I filled in the white area of each letter and let it dry completely. Then cut them out.


I put a pea-sized drop of glaze in the center of the paper square and then pushed the glass tile onto it. I highly recommend doing this on a non-stick craft sheet or some wax paper or something. I happen to have a small silicon baking sheet, found in the $1 aisle at my Target, which works really well for projects like this. If you get too heavy handed with the glaze, when you push the glass tile onto the paper (you want to PUSH not just PLACE it because you want to get as many air bubbles out as possible) sometimes you will squish a bit of glaze out the sides. Don't panic if you get a bit of glaze on the glass. It wipes off easily with a damp paper towel.


Let them dry and voila!  Now, we're not quite done yet. Sometimes when the package of tiles says 1" and what your computer & printer prints as 1" can vary slightly. Be prepared to trim away any excess using scissors or a craft knife. Also, you will want to glue a bale to the back of your creation to turn it into a pendant. Other options could be turning these little gems into magnets or pins/brooches.  Even a fancy shmancy tic-tac-toe game if that's what you want to do.


I used E6000 to attach the bale and found the beaded chain at a local store. The pics aren't great but they did turn our really pretty and glittery. And best of all, the girls loved them.
Ok, that's it for me today. Hope you have a good one. Thanks for stopping by.
Toodles......

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jen!!! Your pendants came out gorgeous! Love them and great job -- as always!

    Hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!