I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Let Your Light Shine

Hiya!
Happy New Year! Woohoo! Smiley from millan.net      Wow! Another year is over. I'm already struggling with writing 12 for the date instead of 11. Am I the only one that had difficulty with that? I'm sure my hand will connect with my brain sometime in April...  :)

Today's little project is also a How To!  Don't you love it when you learn something new? I know I do.

The lightbulb is fun. It's cute. It's super easy to make. But the WOW here is how I printed onto the pre-cut lightbulbs... ... Did that catch your attention?  Yes, I said I printed onto pre-cut shapes.   This is so great! Smiley from millan.net  I love it! 
Forgive my enthusiasm. It's the geek in me.  Smiley from millan.net  If you're a wee bit nerdy like me, then listen up. Here's how I did it.


First, I cut out the lightbulbs. These are not cut from cardstock. They are cut from a yellow copypaper weight paper.


Then I designed my wording and printed that out on a standard piece of paper. Now, using some repositionable adhesive, I attached the lightbulbs to the print out.

I ran the same paper through my printer again. Voila! my printing is now on my lightbulbs. Cuteness, right?!
Before I put the gray cap piece on, I used my Scor-Pal to put a few lines on it. Then used my Stardust pen to add some shimmer.
I have the wording for you if you want it. You can download it HERE
Well, that's all for today. Hope you have a good one. Thanks for visiting.
Toodles.....

2 comments:

  1. Can you tell me where I can find the lightbulb? This is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debbie. I created the lightbulb. It's an SVG file.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!