I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Another "A" Journal

Hiya!
Another day, another journal... :)   And OH MY GOODNESS! It's December 1st! Seriously, wasn't it just Halloween??

The cute girl who received this journal loves orange, zebra and sparkles. My biggest concern with the glitter that I applied to the journal was that it would flake off over time. So, to prevent that from happening, I mixed it with some ModPodge before painting it onto the various areas.
The upside of doing it this way is the recipient doesn't end up wearing glitter every time she handles her journal! One slight downside is that by mixing it in the glue and painting it on the color of the glitter was lightened. Not sure if the glue or the paintbrush was the culprit. The glitter was a brown color before and now it's more like golden beige. It's just a slight color variation, but if you're trying to color match it might matter to you if you use this same technique on your own project. I definitely recommend testing it before committing to big bowl of no-longer-matching glitter glue.

Okey dokey. That's it for today.
Thanks again for stopping by. Hope you have a wonderful day!
Toodles.........

1 comment:

  1. Great work. Thanks for th color change tip. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!