I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, October 28, 2011

More Halloween Treats

Hiya! Happy Friday!
Have any great plans for the weekend?  We're going to our church Halloween "Trunk-or-Treat" party tonight. My son finally gets to put on his costume. I wouldn't let him unload all the accessories for his pirate costume because I didn't want him to lose them under the couch or in the toy box. Meanest mom on the planet, right? Well, at least my friends don't think I'm mean. Here's another little treat I've made for them.

So, so easy! And so, so inexpensive! I think the candy inside (chocolate, of course!) was more expensive than the materials I used to make it. Found everything at the dollar store. First order of business? Get the tags off the bottoms. Sheesh! The ones on the candlesticks came right off, but I had to break out the Goo Gone to get the ones off the bottom of the bowls. (Love that stuff!)

If you have these pieces in your cupboard already but you're not committed to making them permanently joined, I have a tip for you...  Scor-Tape!  Yeah, baby!  The stuff is awesome. And since it's mostly clear it's barely visible through the clear glass.

See below, the  pair of goblets on the left were attached using Scor-Tape. The ones on the right using E6000. As you can see, there is barely a noticeable difference.  Both are equally secure as I've been handling them both quite a bit and the taped ones are not coming apart any more than the glued ones.

I cut the bits for their faces using my cricut and used some Scor-Tape to attach those as well. That way, after Halloween my friends can easily remove the faces and use them for normal, everyday use.
I had a tough time finding orange tissue paper (weird, huh?) so I ended up buying a package of orange napkins at Walmart for $1.
Green tissue for Frankie was not an issue. Already had that in my stash. Check out his hair... Can you guess what shape it is? I used DS to weld the grass border on PSB to a rectangle, then flipped them upside down.  Perfect hair, don't you think?
Super cute and easy right?! Just like I promised. :)
Hope you have a fantastic weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by.
Toodles....

4 comments:

  1. These are great. Happy Halloween to you and Porter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen, I must be incredibly stupid (I hate that word) I am constantly yelling at my kids for using it) I need to take my own advice! Anyway, I don't understand where the glueing of the glasses comes into play here on this project. I have been reading and re-reading this posting, and I don't understand where to glue, or why. Please help my clearly mentally challenged brain. Oh also, is there a reason that you didn't use vinyl for the hair,faces,ect. or just a preference to the paper? Please don't get me wrong, these are AWESOME, it is me with the problem!! Karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen,
    Stupid is a word we try not to use in our home too. Funny how you say it more or at least realize how much you do say it when you don't want to. Grr...
    Ok, I guess I assumed people would understand where to put the glue so I didn't describe the gluing portion of the craft. Sorry..
    I put a small bead of glue along the top edge of the candlestick, flipped the bowl over (opening down) and placed the candlestick in the center of the base of the bowl.
    Let me know if you have any more questions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen, these are really cute! Everyone should love these.

    Thanks, my friend, for the scor tape trick!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!