I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Damask Journal

Hiya!
Well, today officially marks the END of Fall Break for my little buddy. He went back to school today after having 2 weeks plus 2 days off.  Whew!  What a busy time we've had. My blog was neglected but my son was not. :)


 I created this notebook before Fall Break but wasn't able to post it until now.
 The young lady who received it loves purple and damask.
 Every paper I used was a solid (no print) and I stamped on them to create the pattern.
 The silver center panel was a little too plain, but stamping in just the white didn't give enough of a contrast. So I double stamped it with grey ink.  Not only did it help make the white show up better against the silver, but since the edges didn't match exactly it gave a faux embossed look. 
I also used an embossing folder to give some texture and then lightly went over the raised areas with a gel pen to add some shimmer.
I think it turned out really neat and the young lady told me,  "I really love it." 

Well, gotta run. Have a wonderful day. Thanks for stopping by.
Toodles.....

Supplies:



Cricut Expression
Comp Notebook
Cuttlebug
Textiles Embossing
Folder
Cardstock
Damask Designs
Stamps
Snow Ink
Smokey Shadow
Ink
Silver Shimmer
cardstock
Stardust gel pen
Other:
Ribbon (Michael's)
MS Punch
Rubber cement
ATG
Font: Chocolate Box Decorative




1 comment:

  1. Hi i stumbled upon you by chance and i must say what a fabbie blog this is - well done x Jacquiexxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!