I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Deconstructed Caramel Apple

Hiya!
Hope your week is going well. I had great plans to finish up my first Halloween themed project this week and then stuff just kept getting in the way.  Like there was some random force keeping me away from my glue gun or something.


Anyway, the same such force didn't keep me from my kitchen.  (Yay!)  I love caramel apples.  But I made caramel apples for my friends last year so I wanted to do something a little different. So when I came across this recipe for Caramel Sauce I wanted to give it a try.


It was very easy to make, just corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and cream. And it took longer to cool than it did to make it. The patience to ... um... Quality Control it just about did me in. This was for a gift so I had to make sure I wasn't poisoning my friends, you know?


While it appeared to be a thinner sauce than I wanted, I was pleasantly surprised that it was exactly what I wanted.Such a yummy caramelly flavor. 



Bagged up with a tart Granny Smith and it was ready to go. Easy Peasy lemon squeezy.
Hope your day is great! And your weekend is wonderful!
Thanks for stopping by.
Toodles.........

2 comments:

  1. That is such a lovely gift idea...looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for a great idea -- will make great holiday visit gifts!! Can't wait to try it...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!