I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, September 23, 2011

Chomp on this...

Hiya,
Have you discovered Pinterest yet? Oh my goodness! What a wealth of eye candy!  And a total time taker too. I avoided it for a while, but the other day a blog hop pointed me that direction once again when the blogger talked about a recipe she found on Pinterest. Three hours later I was signed up and pinning away. So much to see. So much to pin!   Anyway....  as I was wandering about on the world wide wonderland I stumbled upon these cute corner bookmarks and just had to make them too!


My son started reading last year in school. Once a week he would bring home a little scrap of something and say, "Look mom. I got a bookmark!"   Since then, he loves to put bookmarks in his little readers even though we finish them in one sitting. His books just aren't complete with out a tag or ribbon sticking out of them. 
So, when I saw these little monster corner bookmarks I thought, "He would LOVE that!"  Especially considering some of the Halloween themed books we just received from a Scholastic book order.

Tally's instructions are easy to follow. Within minutes I had the base of my bookmark. Then, instead of going the monster route I wanted to do a shark... Specifically I was thinking of Bruce from Finding Nemo. Even with a bit of glaze on his pupils he still looks more like a monster than a shark. Oh well.

It was so simple that I think I'll whip up a few more of these little beauties... err... beasties to have on hand for gifts later on. Christmas is coming and I have nieces and nephews that all like to read. These would be fun little add-on gifts for the holidays.

Thank you Tally for posting such a fun project.

Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate it. Hope your day is fantastic!
Toodles.........

Supplies:



Fiskars 1"
circle punch
Bic Mark Its
Cuttlebug
Cuttlebug Embossing folder: Houndstooth
Elmer's Glue
Scor-Pal
Fiskars 1/4"
circle punch
Glaze
Ink: Smokey Shadow
Scissors
Other:
Carstock
5/8" circle punch
Pencil, Ruler




3 comments:

  1. I wish they had a like button on blog posts like they do on facebook. I would give this a like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little bookmark. I am making a ton of corner bookmarks but in a little different design. They are super wonderful to have on the corner edge of the page and yours like mine do not slip down into the depth of print.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice bookmark. Glad to see that you are pinning also, it is so addictive.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!