I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

That's a Cool Trick...

Hiya!
I know. Don't pass out.... yes, I'm back for a second day in a row.
I wanted to let you know about a little trick I accidentally discovered today while I was crafting. A friend of mine gave me some of the DCWV Shimmer cardsstock. (yes... Oooo Aaaaah).  I cut out some small banner pieces from the Christmas cartridge and adhered them to a black shadow layer to create a name tag.


Ok, so... the little banner is cute, but it's missing something, right?  Yeah, I thought so too.


I grabbed my gray toner Copic and thought maybe I could just darken the two bits at either end...  Well, whatta-ya-know?  The more I tried to darken the color, the more I realized something else was happening... The alcohol pulls the color off the cardstock and leaves the silver-ish layer!


Well, hey! That works too. I just needed some way to differentiate the front of the banner from the back.


I then went back and edged out the design with my Stardust pen.
So you're probably wondering what all these little banners are for.  Can't share that just yet. But I will....
Thanks for stopping by. Have yourself a great day!
Toodles.......

Supplies:



Christmas Cheer
cartridge
Copic marker
Cricut
Expression
DCWV: Shimmer

Hot Glue Gun
Recollections
cardstock
Stardust pen
Sharpie: Silver
Other: Wire

2 comments:

  1. Clever! Thanks for the tip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Those little banners look great, and I certainly am going to have a difficult time waiting to see how you use them!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!