I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

For My Sister...

Hiya !!
Hope your week is going well. Today I have a project that I created for my sister. She was looking for a gift idea for the Young Women that she works with at church for Christmas. I decided to do a .cut file to create a layered San Diego LDS temple.


The first thing I did after using my Cricut to cut out the pieces was to outline each piece using a Starburst pen. Have you used one of these on your projects before? I hope Sakura never stops making them. I LOVE them!  They add just a bit of shimmer right where you want it without the chunkiness of glitter.  Fab!


There are a number of vertical details on the San Diego Temple, many of which are some walls that are turned turned 45 degrees so that the corners come towards you. I used my scoring tool to add those details, as well as the lines that designate where many of the windows are.


Then, I stacked up and adhered all of the layers.  It may not be perfect but for those that are familiar with the building, I think it's a pretty good likeness. What do you think? HERE are some pictures of the iconic building found just off the I-5 freeway in La Jolla, California.


Well, gotta run. Lots to do today. Hope you all have a fantastic day!
Thanks for stopping by.
Toodles...........

3 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING! Great job Jen! (like always!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - Do you sell your file? I want to add one to our family white pictures wall, wedding, blessings and baptisms...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This particular one, and my other temple files, I don't. But if you'd like me to mail you one, please contact me via email and we can discuss. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!