I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Phewwww!

Hiya!
Nothing to share today except maybe a bit of perspective.....


The picture above was taken using my cell phone while I was out running errands. Yes, it reads 121 degrees Fahrenheit. No, I did not alter it in any way.

I immediately sent the pic to my sister and said, "Days like this I wish I had a pool."  (No! I don't make a habit of nor do I endorse texting while driving.) Millan.net

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. Like I said, I'm sharing a bit of perspective today.  While you may have been out and about doing your thing where ever you live, you may have thought it was hot where you were (except maybe if you live in the Southern Hemisphere).  Now that you've seen my dashboard thermometer you may now be thinking to yourself that it wasn't quite that bad.  Am I right?

Taking this experience and applying it to life in general, while we all have challenge to deal with in our lives I would bet there is someone out there that is experiencing something worse than you. Not to diminish your hardships. That's not my point. My point is, don't lose yourself to the trauma and drama of your own challenges. Find a way to help someone else through theirs. Thereby losing yourself in the errand of serving others.  It can truly put your life in perspective. And in most cases, you will completely forget about your personal issues, even if it is temporary.   It can be a very pleasant escape.

Food for thought....   Mmmm. Food.  I'm sitting here watching Iron Chef.  They're working with berries today. Oh. My.Yumminess!
Smiley from millan.net
I hope you and your family are having a fabulous weekend! And if you happen to live in the USA like I do, ENJOY your 4th of July, Independance Day Celebrations!
Toodles.......Smiley from millan.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!