I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm Covered...

Hiya!
Hope you all are enjoying your summer so far.  School is out (for us). Swimming lessons have started. The 100 degree temps are here....


I got my hands on a eReader/tablet this last week. It came with this really sad excuse (lame) of a sleeve to keep it in. Well, that just wouldn't do. I needed something with a bit more functionality to it, and of course some style.  Then as I was debating how I wanted to put it together I saw Kathy's fun idea about using duct tape.  *Bing!* Suddenly I had a jumping off point.  And this is what I created:


I used the duct tape with a magnet closure to keep the cover closed, but I also used it for the spine of the cover, the stylus holder, and at the corners inside the holder to keep the eReader secure.


Thanks Kathy for the inspiration!
Now, if I can get my eReader away from my son. He couldn't care less that he could read books on it. He is all about Angry Birds. LOL

Toodles.........

Supplies:



Black cardstock
Thread
DCWV:
Guy Stack

Range-Tim Holtz: Vintage Photo ink
Hot Glue Gun
Sharpie
Tim Holtz:
Non-stick scissors

Duck Tape
Scor-Pal
Scor-Tape
Basic Grey:
magnetic buckles
CGull:
Tool kit
Tonic:
12" trimmer

1 comment:

  1. OMG I love it Jen!!! Super Fab Job
    Kathy
    PaperPhenomenon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!