I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Ready for her first Disney trip

Hiya!
Hope you all had a delightful weekend.  We had rain and it was GREAT!! Smiley from millan.net
After spending the morning helping out at the Cub Scout Day Camp on Saturday, I made a b-line to a local Michael's because they were having a 50% off sale on yarn.  Normally, this would not trigger a response from me, but.... after the crocheted flower I created, my dear sister decided to show me a link to a pattern to make a baby hat.  Not just any baby hat either. A Minnie Mouse baby hat!


Once again let me say, I don't crochet.  In fact, the last time (before the flower) that I had a crochet hook in my hand was when I was twelve years old and I vaguely remember trying to make a potholder.Smiley from millan.net  (yes I know knitting isn't crocheting, but they didn't have a crocheting smiley.)

I have no idea what motivated me to attempt this except that I have this adorable new great-niece Smiley from millan.net and her mom and big sisters love to visit Disneyland.  My husband doesn't believe I made it. He told me that since he didn't see me stitch it I could have hired it out to someone to do for me. What a joker he is! I can't help it that he takes 2 hour Sunday naps Smiley from millan.net during which I can be very productive. 


Well, that's it for me.  No I'm not give up on my love for cardstock and paper. In fact, I've nearly completed a layout. Smiley from millan.netNeed to finish putting some details on that.
Special thanks to CrochetDreamz for sharing her adorable design. Besides the fact that I used red instead of pink, and I'm sure I messed up the pattern in a few spots.... (I am a novice after all) the biggest difference between mine and her sample is that she used white buttons for the polka dots. I crocheted my own buttons using a tutorial from Beat Knitting

Oh, and thanks to my son for letting me borrow his small soccer ball to use as a model to try on the hat.
Have a great day!  I love spring! Smiley from millan.net
Toodles.........

5 comments:

  1. OMG, this is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! Does it come in pita size? LOL
    Love it, you go GF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that first comment! ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE! Looks great to me!!

    Cj

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so adorable! Kudos to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, Jen --- that is just sooooo precious! Great job!!! :-)

    Hey ya know what?? YOU, my dear, got me started on learning how to crochet!!! :-) I've never been able to get the "hang of it" -- esp. double crochet stitches. I could chain and single but never double. Didn't matter what book I looked at. Well, I found a gal on YouTube and I went to town, following her pattern.

    Well, I couldn't believe my eyes when an actual shaped flower appeared right before my eyes. :-)

    Check out my blog, and you'll see what I mean. I'm going to showcase this gal's site and my flowers soon.

    Thanks, Jen ---- for giving me the nudge that I needed. :-)

    {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh...this is the cutest little beanie ever. She must have looked soooo cute in it. Great job..and I do believe you did make this. ha ha..

    hugs
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!