I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Birthday....

....Pardner! Smiley from millan.net

My sweet little buck-a-roo had a birthday over the weekend. I can't believe it. My baby is six.

I used my DS software and a handful of cartridges to create the elements:
  • The cowboy, the grass, and the top layer of the picture mat came from A Child's Year.
  • Happy Birthday is from Storybook.
  • pardner is from Stone Script.


To create the banner I used Paper Doll Dress Up and A Child's Year.  I layered the pieces and then glued them to some jute which I lassoed at one corner.
And to add some more texture I punched holes in the base of the picture mat and whipstitched it with some thin twine.


I think you can see it better in the picture below... the banner is only attached at the the ends so that it's easy to slip the picture underneath it.
Of course everything is inked to give it a rustic appeal.


Thanks for stopping by. Happy trails y'all.
Smiley from millan.net

Supplies:



A Child's Year cartridge
Bic Mark Its
Cricut Expression
Beige, Brown cardstock
Guy Stack patterned paper
Vintage Photo Ink
DesignStudio
Fiskars 1/16" punch
George and Basic Shapes cartridge
hot glue gun
jute
Paper Dolls Dress Up cartridge
Rustic Jute Button Twine
scissors
Scotch Quick Dry
Stone Script Solutions cartridge
Storybook cartridge
Tonic 12" trimmer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!