Last year Nicole Heady gave herself a challenge to create a crocheted flower. I was so impressed that I decided that I wanted to try it too. It only took me ... um... 10 months. I walked into the library a few weeks ago and found this book facing me on the New Releases table. I decided it was a sign that the time had come for me to give the flower embellishment at try.
Four weeks later and at least two extensions at the library so I wouldn't have to return the book just yet, I finally sat down today and created a flower.
The string was something I'd had in my craft closet from some other project. And the crochet hook... I don't even have a clue where it came from. It probably was included in a tool kit that I purchased years ago. I think the only time I've ever used it was when I needed to turn out a corner that I had sewn on a baby blanket.
Now, I can happily say that I have used it for its intended purpose. Forgive my lack of modesty but I'm totally proud of myself. lol I don't think I'll give up papercrafting for making them full time but should I ever need one of these little lovelies for a project that I'm working on, now I'll know how to do it.
Hope your Sunday is beautiful!