I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Cut Above

This morning as I was browsing facebook I spotted a Twinery post about Teacher Appreciation gifts. I'm always on the look out for GOOD teacher gifts.  Something that doesn't have to be apple themed, that is useful, that is heartfelt, that shows a teacher that we really appreciate their efforts.  Twinery had some fun ideas on their blog, one of which was these personalized scissors!  So I clicked over to Crap I've Made to check them out.  She had me at Spiffy Scissors! Laundry was gonna have to wait. 


While you can get all the specifics on how to make these little beauties at her blog, I will add a few clues that helped me out.  First, if you're a bit OCD and you want to trace your scissor blade to get the shape make sure that if you trace on the back of the paper that you also flip the blade over. That way the curve will match. (yes, it's true. I cut out the first piece of paper before realizing my error.)


Second, feel free to free hand the curve where the base of the blade meets the handle. Or, scrounge around under the couch cushions for some loose change. A penny is nearly the identical shape. Just trace and cut. (Yay!)

I haven't bagged mine for gifting just yet. Crap I've Made says frosting piping bags work wonderfully. And according to her pictures she is SO right!


Oh, and if you have some other kind of dimensional glaze in your craft stash feel free to use it. I didn't have the Modpodge brand that Crap I've Made used. And as you can see, my scissors turned out just fine.

THANKS Crap I've Made for sharing your terrific idea!
Have a wonderful day!
Toodles........
Supplies:



Summer
Mat Stack
E6000
Glossy Accents
Scissors
Other:
Sanding Block

6 comments:

  1. Now who wouldn't love a pair of stylish scissors like these? Fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I've never seen this done before - how colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to invite you to add your banner or link to our Best Digital Scrapbooking Sites list. It's free to sign up. Hope to see you there

    Also featuring Digital Scrapbooking Freebies and Digital Scrapbook Tutorials

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute idea, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous project! I have never seen this before. Thanks for playing along with PaperPlay this week! I have Magnolia candy on my blog if you are interested.
    Alicia xx
    http://alicia-timetocreate.blogspot.com/2011/04/mad-for-markers-dt-yr-rv-bg-colour_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a super idea, for anyone. Realy neat.

    hugs
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!