I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Kate!

My great-niece just turned 8!  Happy birthday Kate!  I decided to put together a little bookmark for her but I wanted to do something different from the last time I made the soldered bookmarks. Instead of putting her initial on it I wrote "I am a child of God" on it.  You see, eight years old is when she gets to choose whether to be baptized. So I thought it was a fitting sentiment... whether she uses it in her school books or her scriptures. It is a good reminder that she (as are all of us) is special.


I have just returned home from a quick trip to Disneyland with my son. I didn't even have time to run to the store to buy supplies so everything I used to make the bookmark came from my craft closet. And I had to be fast about it too. We have family in town and the guest room is also my craft room. I didn't want to be in our guests way.  I chose purple since it's the birthstone color for February (they are celebrating her birthday late....)

Oh! A couple tips you may be interested in about the i-rock crystals:  First, they started out clear, but I was able to easily color them permenantly with my Bic Mark Its. :) And second, the i-rock adhesive sticks beautifully to plexi. You can tell the glue is melted because the crystal starts to slide against the plexi... A steady hand is essential so that you don't schmear the glue or end up with the crystal where you don't want it.

Hope you all are having a terrific day!
Toodles....


Supplies:



Bic Mark Its
i-rock
i-rock:
Hot Rocks
Sharpie Metallic
Simply Swank:
Solder Kit
Simply Swank:
Solder Mat
Simply Swank:
Solder Polish
Other items:
jewelry findings
Ribbon
from the
$ aisle
Box cutter
or blade to
cut plexi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!