I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Being sick is NO fun!

Hiya! Smiley from millan.net

Sorry I've been missing these last couple weeks. I got some kind of crazy bug in my system and it literally stopped me from doing much of anything except curling up in my bed and snoozing all day. I'm still not 100% but I'm getting there.  Yesterday was my best day yet.  First, hubby and I went to my son's school to attend their annual Dr. Seuss Breakfast.  Then later after a bit of a rest, I hit the library and then the Dollar Store. After being so sick I got thinking about all the kiddies in my son's class who bring their lovely germs to school and then my son brings them home.  Yay us!  And as bad as each individual family might have it, the poor teacher gets hit by it even harder. So, I wanted to do something nice for her. I found a fun tutorial HERE to personalize a bottle of hand sanitizer.

{Read more after the jump....}


Instead of printing the design onto transparency like the instructions stated, I used Stazon Ink and stamped the design.  At first, the ink wasn't transferring to the transparency. I decided to use the Stazon cleaner to clean it off.  (What could it hurt, right?)  Well, it worked brilliantly.... as you can see in the first picture.

That's it.  Easy peasy!  I'll have to snag a few more bottles of hand sanitizer the next time I'm out. These little gifties are so easy to make and cost just over a $1.  So affordable!

Time to go take a rest.  Don't want to overdo it now that I'm starting to feel better.Hope you're all having a terrific Saturday.


Supplies:
Free Spirit Stamps
Trajan Monogram stamps
Stazon: Black
Stazon Cleaner
Scissors
Transparency sheets
Q-tip
Hand Sanitizer

3 comments:

  1. love it! I made some for home enrichment with the hands poem. Everyone loved them. I still have some, I will have to send them to school... great idea. I love the initial and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very nice, Jen! I did it a couple of times using the transparency and it came out nice but I had to take my design to have it laser printed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are felling better GF. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!