I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Will you be my Valentine?

Today has been Super Productive!  I'm so happy. I'm checking off to-do list items and finishing projects.  It's a beautiful thing!  Today, I finished making my son's Valentines.


{Read more after the jump...}


I got the idea for this Valentine as I was looking through the February 2011 edition of Scrapbooks etc. magazine.  This was the card I saw on page 81, designed by Lisa Storms:

The information said she used punches to create her robot. I decided to use my Cricut. I knew I was going to have to make enough for his entire class so I used DesignStudio to layout all of the shapes on one pages and let my bug do all the work.  Like her, I used a crimper to add texture to the legs and arms. I also added a neck piece.

The patterned paper layer was cut using my tripper and a corner rounder. While I was adding goofy faces to the robots,....

... my son was practicing his handwriting skills addressing the backs of the cardstock piece of each card. The nice thing about the carstock I used was that it was a nice bright color on one side (rose for the girls or blue for the boys) and beige on the back.

The two layers were then adhered together. Then the robots were finished off with a wrapped mini chocolate bar, some hands and feet and an antenna. The sentiment says simply "For you"... perfectly suited for a boy or girl recipient.

And... not to be out done, my sweet hubby gave me these today:
Isn't he just the cutest?!!  And OH so forgiving. Our house is a bit of a wreck, but our son's Valentines are complete and ready for giving. Next project on my list is the Valentine box.  To quote Mr. Incredible, "Yeah, I still have time."

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Jen, those turned out just toooo cute. AND what a sweetie your dh is... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOhhhhMG these are absolutely precious!!!! WHat sweet Valentines for a little boy to hand out. And such a sweet hubby for bringing the beautiful flowers =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jen, my God!!! These are just amazingly cute!!! Why am I not surprised!!! The kids will love these and all the adults will too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tooooo cute, Jen! Love also how you added pix of the supplies used. Verrrrry ingenious!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute!

    Awesome for your hubby to give you the beautiful flowers today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable! Your son is so lucky to have such a crafty mom...bet he'll be super proud to share these with his friends on Monday!
    Mmmm...your roses are beautiful...you are LOVED!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute. You did another great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!