I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, January 14, 2011

It's Friday ... already?

Hiya!
Sometime around Tuesday of this week I was beginning to think Friday would never arrive. Then, lo and behold, this morning I woke up and  *Ta-da!*  It did!  Woohoo! Millan.net


I have been a busy girl. Smiley from millan.netHave I mentioned before that I am a Den Leader for one of the Cub Scout packs in our neighborhood?  Yup! I am.  One other mom and I, we get together every Wednesday afternoon with eight little scouts. They're such good kids. And it's a terrific program which teaches them about honor and respect.


Anyway, every year each scout troop gets together and have their big annual party. Normally it's a formal deal, but seriously folks how many 8 to 11 year olds like big ol' stuffy dress-up affairs? We decided to take it down a notch or two. Instead of a formal banquet we're going to have an outside, casual, throw-back to the good ol' days type of shin-dig.Smiley from millan.net


I volunteered to make the invites. I used the blue and gold colors as a jump off point. Created the printed part on my computer, added ink and distressing, some jute and then adhered the whole thing to an embossed piece of card. Where's the gold? I used my sparkly gel pen and wrote over the "Blue & Gold" lettering.  Just enough gold to make it special but not girly. I attempted to get a good close up picture but this was as good as I was able to get.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!Smiley from millan.net
Toodles!

Supplies:
Cardstock (Paper Co)
Vintage Photo (Ranger)
Stardust Pen (Sakura)
Jute

Floral Fantasy Embossing Folder
Cuttlebug (Provo Craft)

4 comments:

  1. They are soooo cute! My son would flip if he got an invite like that. Nice and boyish but still done up enough to impress us moms =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful and clever invites.....also what a wonderful thing you do. Keeping those kids busy and giving them fun activities to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jen!!! Great job on the invites, they came out really cute!

    I agree, what a wonderful activity!!! Bet they have loads of fun!!!

    Hugs, my friend!

    P.S. I see the basic LMSYHTDT classes have resumed! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the invites. Thanks for sharing. When you have a moment hop over to my blog I have an award for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!