I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Wise Men Still Seek Him

Happy Saturday!
My son has really whipped me into the Christmas spirit let me tell you.  He has been asking and asking and finally we got our Christmas tree up last night. Smiley from millan.net That was followed up with our annual visit to the Big Man in red today so that our son could put in his request. He's been asking for a scooter since September. He hasn't wavered once. Every time we ask him what he wants for Christmas... "a scooter." So of course it was no surprise that was exactly what he asked Santa for today. When we returned home he put us to work some more putting up more decorations... inside and out.  Smiley from millan.net Then, right before bed my son (5 yrs old) says, "Mom, we need to put food out for Santa." I had to take him to the calendar and explain that we needed to wait 3 more weeks (...oh my goodness! just 3 more weeks!!...) before we could put the cookies and milk out for Santa. I guess he figured since he asked for the scooter and the decorations were up then it was time for Santa to bring his gift. Even if it was slightly ahead of the normally scheduled holiday event.


Anyway, in the middle of making my Christmas cards I had to stop and try out an idea that I had popped into my head. It will be a little gift for my friends from church that I visit with each month. Thinking about the monthly message of returning to the temple and then also having it be Christmas time I immediately made a connection to the star. The star guided the shepherds to the Christ child just like the teachings of the temple - literally the teachings of Christ - draw us closer to heaven. (Make sense for anyone but me?)


I know it's hard to see from this less-than-fab picture, even with the cardstock there is a nice glow coming from the star. The back is flat so it can be hung against a wall, set on a table or hung as an ornament. I put a hole in the back so that the tealight can be turned off and the battery changed should it run out of power. I'm also hoping to hang a tag at the top where the hanging loop is which will say "Do you still seek Him?"

That's it for tonight. Hope you are having a lovely weekend.  Smiley from millan.net

  .cut or gypsy files available   Click HERE for more information. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that it's only 3 weeks till Christmas.. how cute your son is. I need him to come get me in the spirit of Christmas. I love your star. hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!