I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, December 10, 2010

Ho! Ho! Ho!

Oh how I love to make Christmassy things. Smiley from millan.net Truthfully, I like to make things regardless of the holiday or season or day of the week. But, I gotta say, when I saw this little Santa I knew I needed to make it. That's right. It wasn't a mere want. It was most definitely a NEED. In fact, I think I need to make several.



A few nights after I saw him I called my sister, grabbed my scissors and a stack of plain white copy paper and started creating what I thought I saw on the screen.  It clearly said in April's post that she would be willing to share her pattern, but I was too impatient to wait. I shot off an email to her and then went to work on my own creation. While my first attempt was not exactly the same, I was amazed once I received the file from April how close to the mark I was.

Yesterday my sis and I finally got to the point where we could start making our Santas. She was making hers in San Diego. I was making mine in Phoenix. And we ran our phones and headset batteries dead chatting about our progress the whole time.  Yesterday was mostly about putting the file into SCAL so we could create multiples with efficiency. I mean really... How can you resist this cuteness?? Everyone needs one, right?


And then there's the fun of putting all the details into him.  My sister is a crazy-good graphic artist. She created the banner from scratch on her computer and emailed me the file so I could make one on my end. Smiley from millan.netYes, email is a wonderful thing too! After printing I hand cut the pieces, layered them onto Kraft cardstock and tied them with some fun baker's twine and bells.


Smiley from millan.netI'm totally jealous that my sister had this fun chenille rick-rack to use on her Santas. She purchased it years ago so I'm not able to get my own and living 360 miles apart kind of gets in the way of sharing with her, but I think my ruffled twill tape turned out great.


And did you notice the clear "beading" that I added to Santa's cloak? I made them with hot glue. Yes! That's what I said...  Hot glue beads!


I was pretty happy with my creation (singular) until I saw my sister's two Santas! Wow! That girl moves fast! Aren't they adorable? It's true. I taught her everything she knows. . . hahahaha! I crack myself up! Seriously so glad we're best buds now cuz the fights Smiley from millan.net when we were younger..? Ouch!

That's it for now friends. Hope you're all have a fantabulous weekend planned. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do tomorrow but I am pretty sure I have another Santa creation in my future.
Special thanks to April at SecondSister for sharing her wonderful idea! Love it!!! Smiley from millan.net
Thanks for stopping by. Toodles!

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what adorable Santas! Love the ruffled ribbon treatment and the fun banner he's holding! Just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still sitting here with my mouth open, Jen.
    what gorgeous Santas you and your sister have created!
    PJ(Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG these santas are absolutely gorgeous. Well done Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Santas are adorable. Outstanding work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!