I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Going Postal!

Hey y'all....Smiley from millan.net
Yesterday was one of those days for me!  I had my day planned. I was already with my ever-growing To-Do list to get out the door as soon as my son was off to school. I came to a screeeeeching halt when my car wouldn't start.  ACK!  Smiley from millan.net What I thought was a minor speed bump turned into me being trapped at home all day. Hubby's car battery wasn't strong enough to jump-start my car battery. Then the tow truck couldn't pick up the car until almost 11am. By the time the car place was able to diagnose the problem... Yeah, sure! charge me $45 to tell me what I already know. Thanks car dude! ... and replace the battery I was not able to finagle a ride over to get my car back until after 5pm. I literally walked in at closing time to retrieve my car.  (Phew!)Smiley from millan.net

The bad news, I'm $140 poorer than I was yesterday. Smiley from millan.net The good news is: my car works again and I was able to get some things prepped and ready to go postal today!  Yay!Smiley from millan.net
Not too long ago the house album I created looked like the large paper mache house pictured above, center.  Now, it's all painted and papered and loaded up with family pictures for my parents for Christmas. I've shown you pictures of the outside of the house, but here is the inside.
Inside left --
Inside right --
Inside center --
And the front of the little tag (ok, maybe it's not so little) that is pictured in the photo at the beginning of this post explains what this house is all about to my sweet parents... They live about 800 miles away and we are not traveling to see them this Christmas...  and on the back of the tag are the directions on how to close it back up again.

Along with the box is being shipped today are 40 Christmas cards and a couple Christmas ornaments.   I am feeling so much better now that I'm seeing these packages leave my house. Smiley from millan.net  I was feeling so behind. Now I can breathe a little easier. Special thanks to my sweet hubby who has taken them all to the shipping place. Love you!  Smiley from millan.net  And I also want to give Kathy a huge cyber-hug for sharing her wonderful ideas. Smiley from millan.netYou rock, sistah!

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh I don't like those days.
    Your house album is adorable. Your parents will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! What a great idea. So it was a bad day for your checkbook and car, but you still got some wonderful creative work done. :) I know how you feel though, I had car troubles yesterday too and had to replace my battery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aach, I don't have car troubles but sometimes mass transit can frizz my hair!

    Glad you survived and got your precious package shipped, too. Now, make a cup of hot cocoa and relax.

    PJ(Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuk, it is a mess when that darn car won't start! Feel for you GF. Glad all fixed now and that fab house is on it's way to be with your Mom and Dad. They are going to be so thrilled and moved by this precious gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your house has a ton of space for pictures. I love everything about it. Your parents must love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your house. I am amazed at how many full size photo's you can get in it. Great job as usual Jen. Your parents must be thrilled to have received this wonderful album.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!