I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Bravo Jen!

Geeez! I tell ya, I just don't have time for things like this.  All I have to say is, "Be warned crafty people.... treat those lovely little spatulas with the care of a knife!"
This morning I had volunteered to go help my son's Kinder teacher for a couple hours. It was great. The people at the school are so nice. and the teacher was so grateful...  Top of my To-Do list today is my Christmas cards.  After running a lovely piece of kraft cardstock through my bug, I was attempting to lift the shapes off the mat when they started to shred. My mat was too sticky. So I grabbed my new spatula. I had treated myself to one when CricutMachine.com had them on sale last month.  Now, don't get me wrong. I know they're metal and flat and could be sharp but.... OUCH!!!Smiley from millan.net


Yeah, that's not red ink, folks! The blade was in my right hand and it slipped and scratched down my thumb on my left hand. I looked at it... noticed the scratch but didn't think anything of it. Maybe 15 seconds later the vital fluid that should remain inside my body was forcing its way out of my thumb through this tiny scratch.  And it hurts like crazy! (Isn't it silly how the smallest cuts... like a paper-cut.. can hurt so much?!)  Anyway, the cut runs from one knuckle to the other so every time I bend my thumb I'm reminded of my ever-so-clever, and graceful I might add, maneuver.  Smiley from millan.net  I guess it's a good thing I don't faint at the sight of blood, right? Smiley from millan.net

So, to all my family and friends that are on my Christmas card list this year... I just want to say, I hope you appreciate the steps I have taken to elevate my crafting to a life-threatening, adventuresome level.Smiley from millan.net
Hope you're all having a splendid day!  Time for me to get back to my cards. Toodles!Smiley from millan.net

6 comments:

  1. Ouch!!! Those little cuts can often be more painful than a major one... I know!!! All the same, please make certain to keep it clean so no nasty little infections can set in, okay?

    So sorry that happened to you; I know from your experience to be careful with mine now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Ouch! That looks painful! I'm so sorry. You are one serious crafter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Jen.. I am like to hear you didn't faint at the sight of the blood.. I am sure your family will appreciate what you have gone through to make their cards.. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed that when I used mine the first time....it's sharp!

    Super Glue on your scratch....even paper cuts. Clean up the area and put it on. Makes life soooo much nicer.

    I was in the ER one day when a Dr. used some super glue on a cut.....I asked him what the difference was in his vs the store brand. His response, "oh this one has a little bit of a purple tint to it and costs 10x's as much"....LOL!

    Jill (Mamawzkid over on Kathy's UStream)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! Gotta love extreme crafting. It's the new olympic sport. Thanks for the warning. I don't need any more scars on my hands (I'm a hairstylist and we always start off cutting ourselves more than we cut actual hair).

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new extreme sport "papercrafting" not for the faint of heart. Now that's what I call really putting yourself in your projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!