I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Turkey Incognito

Smiley from millan.net Here it is!! I know you've all been waiting so patiently to see it.  The most recent "Family Project" that my kinder brought home from school last week.... (or was it week before last?) Anyway, it's due tomorrow!  Smiley from millan.net  I had every intention of planning it out and making something fab. Then last night I remembered it was due today.  Here was the starting point: Introducing Mr. Tom Turkey ready to be dressed.


A letter was attached explaining what needed to be done. "As a family, disguise Tom Turkey so that he won’t be eaten for Thanksgiving. You may choose to dress your turkey as a doctor, astronaut, farmer, cheerleader, ballerina, etc. Be creative and use any materials you have at home. Everyone gets to help.
Cut out the turkey and mount him on cardboard or heavy paper and start dressing your turkey."



Smiley from millan.netI remember reading this letter when they sent it home but forgot to read it again before we started. The only reason why I read it again was because I wanted to show you the instructions. Of course by then, the project was completed. Oh well. Last night we had our plan in mind. My son and I ran to the drugstore and grabbed a bag of cotton balls. (We only had the cotton pads here at home... and q-tips. Yeah, I don't think so.)  Tonight after he finished his spelling homework and dinner we got down to business cutting, tracing, and hot gluing our little disguise together.  Ta-da!!


Ok... so we went with another food choice but hopefully that’s ok. I don't know anyone that eats sheep... lamb, mutton ... on Thanksgiving. Do you? For some reason my silly husband prefers to have ham. HUH?! What's wrong with him? I mean, it's Thanksgiving! Therefore the meal of the day is turkey!  Smiley from millan.net  Anyway, I'm sure there are people that eat lamb so I added a sign that reads, "Have you considered becoming vegetarian?"  

Not much on the details: it was all hand cut with scraps I had.
Hope your Tuesday was terrific!

8 comments:

  1. We had the same assignment :) Fun :) Our Turkey ended up being a princess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just too darn cute!!! Never heard of that little project, but I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the first time I've sen a Turkey Disguise. This is very very cute. I created a Turkey Sanctuary with my BBTB2 challenge.......your turkey can be invited over too.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and funny. I am sure the teacher will get a laugh. I know I would be. Thanks for sharing Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative, who would have thought of this but "our Jen".. love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very slick and creative!
    PJ(Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had same project we did our as my daughters teacher

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!