I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Simple Thank You

Sometimes simplicity reigns supreme. I put together this card to send along with the Give Thanks banner that I made for my niece.


The kraft paper was embossed using a folder and then it was inked with some cream ink. When you look at it in person the difference in color from the inked flowers to the kraft background is really subtle. You really can't even see it. It's amazing how well it appears in the picture.


Then I handcut the little Thank You banner, curled it a wee bit between my thumb and fore finger and mounted it using foam adhesive. I used the "rule of 3s" for the gold and the red.
For the red I have the brad, the leaf and the twine. For the gold, I inked the outside of the card, the outside of the banner and the 2nd leaf.

Then I added a little glimmer using a Stardust pen. I wish it showed better in the picture. My camera can't pick it up at all, but it's there and it gives the card a little something special.  Have you ever used a Stardust pen?  Oh my goodness! Fellow crafter Jennifer Holmes introduced me to it. Wow! New favorite embellishment. If you can write or draw or scribble you can use this pen!! Really!   You can barely see it in the pic above where I added it to the edge of the topper and then below where I traced over the sentiment.  See those little white spots? That's not dust on my camera lens. That's the glitter.


Anyway, I totally recommend picking one up next time you're at the craft store. They are available in lost of different colors but I like the clear which come in a set of two for like $4. So with a coupon it's more like $2.40. Can't beat that!  You can scribble over anything just to add a tiny detail of glitter, like I did with the sentiment.


Easy peasy.  Well, hope you all had a fab day!  Thank you for stopping by.

Details: 
  • Cardstock: White (Georgia Pacific), Kraft (PaperTreyInk)
  • Ink pad: Gold (Encore), Olive, Cream (Colorbox)
  • Stamp: Damask Design (PaperTreyInk)
  • Embossing folder: Poinsettia (Stampin Up!)
  • Other: Stardust gel pen (Sakura), Liquid Gold paint pen, Twine (PaperTreyInk), brad and leaves (Target), thread & sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. Really stunning card! Lots of detail! Love it. By the way, your New Button is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!