I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Giving Thanks

I hope you all had a nice Halloween weekend.  We had plans to be able to go and celebrate and do lots of things and ended up cutting our social calendar way back...  First because my son decided to wake up early Friday morning throwing up. Bleh! Smiley from millan.net And the fun didn't stop there.  That was the first of many. He purged what was in his stomach nearly hourly beginning at 3:30am and not ending until 8pm when he finally fell asleep again for the night.  So, sadly we missed his school's Fall Festival. Bummer!


Saturday was great. My son woke up ready to eat what ever he wanted. Phew! The bug had passed. So we attended our church's Halloween Party with chili cook-off, cornbread, costume parade and plenty of "trunk"-or treating. 

Sadly, Sunday morning I woke up with terrible stomach pains and had the urge to purge all day. Smiley from millan.netMy hubby said it was because I ate too much candy the night before.  If only! I'd love to say that was it, but nope. Anyway, there wasn't much trick-or-treating on Sunday night.  And then this morning... I woke up a new woman. Wow! It's so nice not feeling sick to my stomach.

Ok, so there may be a few questions what I am blabbing on and on about when I have all these pictures to show you...  Truth is, I know many blog hoppers don't read, they only look.  So, I could be talking about going on a fabulous safari Smiley from millan.netand no one would even notice because they came, they saw, they clicked away.  

A couple days.. or was it weeks? ... ago I mentioned I had a Thanksgiving project I needed to work on. Well, here it is! Ta-da!

This is a gift for my niece. She and her family have recently moved into a new home and they have a  fireplace in their great room that is just screaming for a banner to decorate it.  I also happen to know her family is coming to visit for Thanksgiving. So, instead of just sending a thank you card for the fabulous dinner they served us a couple Sundays ago, I whipped up a banner for her.

The panels read "Give - T - H - A - N- K- S" and I used a quote that reads "May we fill our days with those things which matter most... cherish those we hold dear and express our love to them in word and in deed." I left a lot of extra ribbon on the sides because I can't remember how wide her fireplace is. Gosh! I hope it's not too big. Smiley from millan.net
Well, that's it for now. I hope to have another project soon.  Happy November 1st! Smiley from millan.net

That's all for now. Gotta go get my lil'sweetie pie from school. Toodles!

Details:
  • Patterned paper:Global Trek (Deja Views)
  • Cardstock: Kraft (Paper Co.), Black (WalMart), White (Georgia Pacific)
  • Ink: Antique Linen (Ranger), Gold
  • Glitter: Brown (Martha Stewart) clear (Diamond Dust)
  • Other: Ribbon (Joann's), Hot glue, Xyron, Scor-Tape

12 comments:

  1. beautiful banner! Hope your son is feeling better today & there is always next years festival. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, your banner is beautiful!!! Glad your son is feeling better and that whatever the bug was has passed. Glad you had a wonderful day at your churches festivities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you and your son were sick. :-( what a bummer, but glad you had a great time at your church. AND I am she is going to love that banner, if she doesn't I will give you my address to send it to me, it's gorgeous. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH!I hate those stomach viruses.Thank goodness it was a 24hourone and not somethingworse! Your banner is beautiful and your niece will love it. If she doesn't send it to me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you're saying you made that banner while riding on the back of an elephant, watching a lion go trick or treating and a giraffe was vomiting? Or something not remotely close to this? ;-)

    I hope your husband avoided the yukkies and that you and your son remain well now. The banner looks great, and you may officially count me as a reader, not a hopper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your project and I read every word of your commentary. I know your neice will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bannere....and I'm happy that your son is feeling better.
    Nothing like a mom's worry whe our kidlings are sick.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful banner Jen! Love the fan fold embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful piece of home decor. Such lovely warm colors. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOur story was worth reading. It true we just don't read as much as we should. love the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What's this about a safari? ;)

    Beautiful banner and thanks for playing with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jen, this is gorgeous! I happen to be one of those who reads EVERY WORD of a blog post and appreciates the personal tidbits. so glad you both got over your tummy issues! LOVE the little emoticons you sprinkle in your post. Fabulous work! xxD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!