I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Getting Ready....

Are you all getting ready for the big day??  Thanksgiving is just two days away!!!   So, of course, Santa needs to be sprucing up his suit so he can be looking his jolliest exactly one month from tomorrow! Smiley from millan.net While doing a bit of web searching I saw this adorable stamp by Stampin'Bella and thought, "How cute would that be done up Cricut-style?"!!


So... I sat down last night with my new Gypsy and started piecing it together from cartridges I have. I'm still learning how to use the functionality of the "G" as compared to what I know how to do in DesignStudio. Smiley from millan.net It still takes me twice as long to find/create anything but I'm getting there.

 Everything is popped up on dimensional adhesive. Smiley from millan.net While you may not get the full effect in these pictures it really is a cool card.  Even my hubby was impressed by it, and we all know how my hubby isn't all that affected by my crafts.

Back to more prep for the big Thanksgiving Day. You probably won't hear from me much over the next few days. Spending time with hubbies family. No big plans for Black Friday shopping for me, but I hear there are some great Cricut sales planned for Friday and Saturday.  Smiley from millan.net
Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!Smiley from millan.net





Details:
  • Cricut, Gypsy, Plantin Schoolbook, PaperDolls Dressed UP, Christmas Cheer (ProvoCraft)   .cut or .gypsy file available Click Here for more information
  • Stamps:  Very Vintage Christmas, Offbeat Backgrounds (WaltzingMouseStamps)
  • Cardstock: Red, Black (InOffice), White (GeorgiaPacific), Kraft (PaperTreyInk)
  • Ink: Olive, Cranberry (Colorbox), Smokey Shadow (PaperTreyInk)
  • Pens/Markers: Mark-It (Bic), Stardust (Sakura), Toner Gray #1 (Copic)
  • Bakers Twine: Pure Poppy (PaperTreyInk)

4 comments:

  1. Have a WONDERFUL thanksgiving my friend.. So glad to hear you are playing with your gypsy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute.... I admire your creation using the Gypsy. I still haven't decided.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, as always, your card is adorable!

    Just wanted to drop in though to wish you and your wonderful family a very wonderful, blessed and warm Thanksgiving!!!

    Hugs, my sister-friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha! you got a Gypsy after all :0)
    I bought one a few months ago on ebay - too good a price to pass on. Love the features and convenience...no more schlepping my E to the computer to cut.

    Your "Santa's laundry" card is so cute. Very nice designing.
    PJ(Jessie Adams)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!