I may not be on my blog, but I'm on Instagram!

Friday, November 26, 2010

Flowers Popping Up all over

Hi Everyone!
Did you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving??!! We did. In fact, we just returned from a quick trip out to see the in-laws for our festive feast. It was yummy! And it was terrific seeing family. Many of whom we haven't seen in over 2 years. Right before my trip I received a request from an online friend Valerie who was looking for a .cut file similar to the flowers pictured in this video.

You know me, if I have the time I love a good challenge!  Anyway, the plain or patterned paper petals are pretty but I wondered how it would look if I ran them through my cuttlebug using an embossing folder... or two.  The large petals above are embossed with the D'vine Swirl folder, the small petals are embossed with the Textile folder

Then, I thought to myself... Christmas is coming. Wouldn't a poinsettia be cool?!  Of course it would.  So I made a poinsettia and As soon as I put it together I realized that if you wanted to use pastel colors you could make it as an orchid! Woohoo! I love multipurpose capabilities!

Once again, I used an embossing folder to emboss the larger petals, but then used a patterned paper for the smaller petals layer. (Yes! I know. They're bracts or leaves not flowers on poinsettias...)

Have a wonderful night! Thanks for stopping by.





Details: 
  • Cricut, DesignStudio, PlantinSchoolbook (ProvoCraft)  -- .cut or .gypsy files are available. Flowers are in two separate files. Please specify when requesting.
  • Cuttlebug, Embossing Folders: D'vine Swirl, Textile (ProvoCraft), Poinsettia (Stampin Up!)
  • Cardstock: scraps from my stash
  • Patterned paper: Battenburg (MakingMemories)

2 comments:

  1. You are so amazing Jen. Fabulous!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers, Jen. Your designing is always so awesome. Hope all's well with all of you. Will write you a note before the holiday..
    Take care and love your blog.
    hugs
    bobbi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it!!